Want to know more about the benefits?
- Elimination of paper shuffling between offices or units as documents are electronically routed (automatically or manually) to designated recipients.
- Improved access to documents for departments through shared workflows. The system allows everyone who interacts with a document to access and share it instantly and concurrently.
- Information can be captured from all types of documents – paper forms, faxes, emails and more, which reduces form processing time.
- Business processes are streamlined as document approvals and exceptions are managed within the workflow.
- Staff and faculty members will spend less time looking for documents during and after processing.
- Bottlenecks in the workflow can be quickly identified so that documents can be processed in a timely manner. The software used by the service can report when a document sits in someone's approval queue too long.
- Increased collaboration with colleagues through shared workflows.
- The system can keep a record of activity that has occurred to the electronic documents, which increases security.
- Future enhancements to the service will include methods to automate document retention according to policy.