Licensing and Costs
The campus-wide service includes the following at no cost to individual KU departments:
- User licenses
- Server hardware & server software maintenance and upgrades
- Document image storage, backup and disaster recovery
- Implementation and support services
KU departments are responsible for the following:
- Cost of scanner and service contract if an multi-function device (MFD) is not used. See Scanner Guidelines.
Note: KU IT does not offer hardware support for the maintenance or repair of scanners and strongly recommends that departments get a service contract for their scanner(s).
- Cost of scanner license (a.k.a Token) and the annual software maintenance fee if an MFD is not used. See Scanner Guidelines.
- The department sponsor will be responsible for securing funding if the sponsor and the KU IT Application Analyst determine outsourcing will be used for custom development.